02 4016 6420
The Bible speaks about two kinds of love. The first comes from the Greek word “phileo” which means to be a friend or to befriend, to be fond of, to have affection for, and to approve of.
The second type mentioned in the Bible is “agapao” that is to love dearly and unconditionally. The detailed definition of this true love is found in 1 Corinthians 13.
What is true love? - Continued…
10. Rejoices not in iniquity - 1 Corinthians 13:6
- Not happy about sin and wrongdoings.
- Love takes no pleasure in or with evil works.
11. Rejoices in the truth - 1 Corinthians 13:6
- Happy about the truth and righteousness
- Love takes pleasure in what is right according to God’s Word.
12. Bears all thing - 1 Corinthians 13:7
- To cover, to endure, to suffer
- Love does not give up, but continues with
13. Believes all things - 1 Corinthians 13:7
- To have faith in the truth,
- Gives the benefit of the doubt
- Love is to trust
14. Hopes all things - 1 Corinthians 13:7
- To have an expected confidence
- Love is to have assurance
15. Endures all things - 1 Corinthians 13:7
- To remain, to keep on,
- To abide in, to bear with
- Love perseveres and does not give in
1 Corinthians13:8 “Charity never fails...”
This unconditional love mentioned does not at any time or in any way ever fail, give way, or drop off.
“Love ever gives, forgives, outlives, and ever stands with open hands, and while it lives, it gives, For this is love’s prerogative To Give, and give, and give, and when it hurts to give some more” - Unknown
The greatest love ever demonstrated was the life and death of Jesus Christ. The Lord Jesus Christ, gave of Himself in every sense of the word, He laid down His life willingly; He joyfully endure the cross for others that they may live, and in doing so no guile or complaint was ever heard from Him. What make this love so amazing is that He was not required to do it, but He did because GOD is LOVE, and that is who He is.
“Compassion can’t be measured in dollars and cents. It does come with a price tag, but that price tag isn’t the amount of money spent. The price tag is love.”—J. C. Watts Jr.
John 15:13 “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
In Christ Alone,
C Haddad - Galatians 2:20
"Charity never faileth..." 1 Corinthians 13:8
W: www.gbbc.org.au I E: email@example.com I W: www.eternal.org.au
M: Po Box 318 Kotara, NSW, 2289 I P: 0401 955 955 I P: (02) 4023 4889
Meeting: 207 Maryland Dr, Maryland I 10:30am & 5:30pm Sunday services