02 4016 6420
There is a lot of confusion today regarding miracles having a place in Christian ministry. The questions are often asked, “Is divine healing for today?” “Are there Prophets and Apostles today?”
A. What are the main teachings about miracles?
1. The miracles of Jesus Christ and the Apostles had a special, temporary purpose, and are not models for the entire church age.
2. God does not always heal, but He often does heal in answer to prayer.
3. Jesus warned against seeking after miracles. – Matthew 12:38-39The Bible warns about false signs and wonders at the end of the church age. – Matthew 24:24
(Matthew 24:24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
B. Why did Jesus and the Apostles perform miracles?
1. Jesus performed miracles to prove that He was the Messiah
a. The Scriptures make it very clear why Jesus performed miracles.
Note: The only exceptions were a few men who were working closely with the Apostles, and the Apostles had laid hands upon them.
2. The vast majority of Bible-believing Christians in the early churches were not able to perform the sign miracles.Example: Tabitha being healed – Acts 9:36-41
Part 2 – Next Week