0478 365 219
Proverb 6:23 “For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:”
There are 3 ways in which we can receive reproof.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”
John 16:8 “And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:”
Psalm 141:5 “Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.”
10 points of Receiving or Rejecting Reproof & Correction
1. Christians who Receive Reproof will increase, and grow in their Christian faith.
Proverbs 9:8-9 “Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.”
2. Christians who Receive Reproof will not Backslide.
Proverbs 10:17 “He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.”
3. Christians who Reject Reproof are Silly and Foolish.
Proverbs 12:1 “Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.”
4. Christians who Receive Reproof will be Honoured.
Proverbs 13:18 “Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: but he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured.”
5. Christians who Receive Reproof Demonstrate Spiritual Maturity.
Proverbs 15:5 “A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.”
6. Christians who Reject Reproof will Die Spiritually, and most likely will Die a Physical Death.
Proverbs 15:10 “Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.”
7. Wise Christians Receive Reproof instantly, Foolish Christians learn the hard way.
Proverbs 17:10 “A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.”
8. Christians who Reject Reproof do not like Godly Counsel, nor will they seek Godly Counsel.
Proverbs15:12 “A scorner loveth not one that reproveth him: neither will he go unto the wise.”
9. Good Godly Reproof is Hard to do, but Demonstrates True Love.
Proverbs 27:5-6 “Open rebuke is better than secret love. vs 6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.”
Ecclesiastes 7:5 “It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.”
10. Christians who Reject Reproof will end up being destroyed.